Olson House Tour

The Olson House, located in Cushing, Maine, is the subject of numerous works of art by Andrew Wyeth, including Christina’s World, 1948, now owned by the Museum of Modern Art in New York. Wyeth’s series of drawings, watercolors, and tempera paintings featuring Christina Olson, her brother Alvaro and the house itself, occupied Wyeth from 1939 to 1968.
 
The site was gifted to the Farnsworth Art Museum by John and Lee Adams Scully in 1991, and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. Students will enjoy learning about the Olsons and life on a Maine saltwater farm during the first half of the twentieth century. 
 
It is open for tours, by special appointment only. For hours of operation, please visit the Olson House page here.