Reports to: Director
Status: Full time, non-exempt
General Description: The Administrative and Executive Assistant supports the office of the Director and the administrative offices. He/She/They coordinate correspondence, schedule meetings and take minutes, maintain BoardEffect software and handles other administrative tasks as well as provide the day-to-day assistance to the Director. The position serves as the administrative office receptionist, answering phones and greeting the public as well as other administrative duties.
- Provide administrative support to the Director
- Answer phones and direct them appropriately
- Deliver exceptional customer service to members and visitors
- Maintain and troubleshoot office equipment
- Scan memberships and donations into the copier for the Advancement Office
- Take daily receipts to the bank
- Monitor office supply inventories and restock as needed
- Schedule routine maintenance requests and work orders
- Sort mail and deliver to the post office at the end of each day
- Update employee phone list
- Act as conduit with IT for email, computer issues and phones; works with IT to set up new employee email accounts and disable unused ones
- Arrange and schedule committee and staff meetings. Take minutes at meetings.
- Maintain the museum calendar
- Learn the basics of Altru, the museum’s visitor and donor database
- Update and maintain BoardEffect, the board software system
- Attend the weekly Ops meeting and take minutes for the team.
- Maintain a professional workplace
- High school graduate; some post-secondary education preferred
- 2 or more years of office experience, preferably at a non-profit
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel
- Ability to learn new computer programs
Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
Ability to pay attention to details and perform work efficiently and accurately.
Desire to learn new computer programs and skills, suggest new process and procedures for efficiency and accuracy.
Discretion in handling confidential information.
Ability to answer calls and greet the public in a professional manner.
Ability to excel in a dynamic, team environment
Comfortable multitasking and prioritizing tasks without guidance
Apply for the position here below: