Below are the positions that are currently available at the Farnsworth.
Position: Associate Registrar
Date Posted: 1.27.20
Full-time position reporting to the Registrar. This person will be a highly organized, detail-oriented individual to assist the Registrar with all aspects of collection management and exhibition installation. Specific duties include database management (Vernon Systems), Rights and Reproduction services, collection accessioning, loan processing, condition reports and art handling. Occasional courier travel is required. Successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal, computer (knowledge of database programs, Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop a must) and organizational skills, and have the physical stamina required to lift 50 pounds and be physically active for weeks at a time. Candidate must be self-motivated, flexible, and able to work on many different projects concurrently.
B.A., preferably in Museum Studies or Art History with at least five years of museum registration experience (or comparable fine art setting) preferred.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application at the museum.
Date Posted: 5/18
Part-time position reporting to the Chief of Security
- Ensuring the protection of artwork, staff, visitors and buildings and grounds
- Assist visitors with specific needs, questions, or problems
- Assist at special events as assigned as well as with daily security and safety tasks
- High School Diploma
- Security or law enforcement experience or security training preferred
- Good communication skills, willingness to work a flexible schedule, and ability to stand and walk for long periods of time necessary.
Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fill out an application at the main desk: 16 Museum Street, Rockland, ME 04841.