The Farnsworth Art Museum, located in the coastal community of Rockland, Maine, is nationally recognized as one of the finest repositories of American art. With over 15,000 works, our collection underscores Maine as the inspiration for many of the artists represented in our holdings. We currently have an opening for a full-time Associate Registrar.
- Database management (Vernon Systems)
- Rights and Reproduction services
- Collection accessioning
- Loan processing, condition reports and art handling
- Occasional courier travel is required
This person will be highly organized, detail oriented and will assist the Registrar with all aspects of collection management and exhibition installation.
- Successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal, computer (knowledge of database programs, Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop a must) and organizational skills
- Physical ability to lift 50lbs and be physically active for weeks at a time.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, flexible, and able to work on many different projects concurrently.
- B.A., preferably in Museum Studies or Art History with at least five years of museum registration experience (or comparable fine art setting) preferred.
Salary: $44,000.00 annually
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org