We invite you and your students to explore works of art through interactive, inquiry-based guided tours. Gallery activities engage students in close looking, making personal connections through oral and written expression, and listening and learning from each other.
Plan Your Visit
For tour reservations, please contact the Education Coordinator at 207-596-6457 ext. 103 or via email.
- Admission is free with a reservation.
- Reservations require at least three (3) weeks’ notice.
- Tours can be scheduled between 10 am – 3 pm
- Tour duration is 90 minutes for grades 4-12, 45 minutes for grades K-3.
- Group size is limited to 60 students. One adult chaperone for every 10 students. Students will be divided into groups of 10 for their tour.
Bus drop-off and parking is located on Museum Street. Groups enter through the Museum Street entrance and check in at the front desk. Please arrive at the museum 15 minutes prior to the designated time of your program.
If your group is running late, please let us know as soon as possible by calling 207-596-6457 ext. 103. Time may be cut from your program due to late arrivals.
Arts & Education
Integrating the Arts, One Classroom at a Time.
The Farnsworth Art Museum’s Arts in Education website is a digital gathering space for educators in Maine and beyond to connect, share resources, and find materials designed to help you integrate the arts organically into your curriculum and classroom.