Students will enjoy and GET MORE OUT OF their museum experience if they are prepared. The following information and guidelines can be shared with your students prior to your visit.
Museum Etiquette for Student Group Visits
- To ensure that everyone has an enjoyable visit, students are expected to be respectful of the artwork, each other and museum docents and staff. Keep your hands and bodies a safe distance from the artwork.
- Cell phone use is not allowed for students and chaperones during guided tours. Cell phones should be silenced. Belongings, including coats, backpacks, and lunches, can be stored in the coat locker area or the auditorium.
- Sketching and writing materials are provided on guided tours. If self-touring, please use pencils only in the galleries.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the galleries except where noted. Signs will indicate which works of art are NOT permitted to be photographed.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the museum galleries.
- Chaperones must stay with their groups at all times and are responsible for behavior reminders.
Please share these guidelines with all students and chaperones. Thank you for helping us create a successful museum experience for everyone!