Phyllis Wyeth Director of Learning and Engagement
Full-time, salaried, exempt
The Learning and Engagement Coordinator will assist with all aspects of the Farnsworth’s school, teacher, and docent programs; this is a position which relies on cross-communication, public engagement with a broad audience of students, volunteer staff members, core learning and engagement staff and cross-departmentally.
- Provide oversight and coordination for all aspects of school and teacher programs
- Coordinate and schedule school visits, including managing reservations and bus assistance, coordinating docent coverage for guided tours, and setting up tour itineraries from outside organizations.
- Develop school program content with input from the Director of Learning and Engagement, including guided tour content, multiple visit programs, and pre- and post-visit curriculum materials.
- Draft and implement teacher program offerings with the department director, including professional development workshops, teacher institutes, and focus groups.
- Conduct outreach to school teachers and administrators to help define and implement programs that integrate school curriculum with the museum’s collection.
- Assist with marketing and engagement for the e-newsletter, press releases, website, brochures, magazine, and social media
- Provide oversight and coordination of docent program
- Coordinate docent coverage for student and adult guided tours.
- Assist with outreach and recruitment for prospective new docents, including meeting individually with prospective docents.
- Lead training for docents.
- Attend docent meetings.
- Meet regularly with docent co-chairs to assist in planning docent meetings.
- Assist with the coordination of community and studio programs, including drafting program offerings for children and families, taking reservations, and assisting with set-up of programs. Work in database to input and track programs
- Track budgets for school programs and coordinate with dept and museum team
- Maintain and update materials for website; produce online content for web and social media, and engagement with audiences.
- Assist with grant applications as needed.
- Attend meetings, public programs, and special museum and community events as required.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by director of learning and engagement.
- BA required, experience in the classroom or with analogous school-based programming helpful; prior museum and/or art school experience helpful.
- Ability to work cross-team and cross-departmentally as needed.
- Ability to write and communicate effectively with broad audiences and for grant implementation
- Ability to multi-task, project management and time management skills
- Desire to work with the public and broad audiences of all backgrounds
- Creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm and sense of humour
- Ability to maintain knowledge of technology skills for online communication, web and online content across all areas
- Ability to work evenings and weekends for lectures, special programs and community events as required.
please send letter of intent and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org