Reports to: Facilities Manager
Status: Full-time, non-exempt. Subject to 6 month review, annual review
This position is responsible for assisting the Facilities Manager with preventive as well as general maintenance of the physical plant.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor in all aspects of preventive plant maintenance.
- Assist with special events, shoveling and sanding
- Assist curatorial staff in the fabrication of display fixtures and furnishings
- Pick up materials from local businesses when necessary
- Carry out daily, weekly and seasonal maintenance needs, both interior and exterior, of all museum properties
- Interior and exterior painting and minor building repairs as needed
Background in carpentry and painting, basic knowledge of electrical, heating, humidifying and plumbing units, experience with Air Handling Units, humidifiers, and air conditioning units. Experience in maintaining a large commercial building. Ability to use hand tools.Valid driver’s license.
Ability to lift heavy objects like ladders, lawn furniture, etc.
Apply for the position here below: