This part-time hourly position at the Farnsworth Art Museum assists primarily with the production of school-based and public facing educational programs. This role includes working with teaching artists, coordinating programmatic components with educators and administrators, facilitating communications, and facilitating in person, on-site classroom activities in school, at the museum, and in the art studio, across the Farnsworth campus, as well as any online classes. Assistance with public programs, both on-site and in-person, is also a component of this position. Some programs run during evenings and weekends, and team support will be needed on occasion. This position reports to the School Programs Manager and coordinates with the Learning and Engagement team and cross-departmentally. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone starting in the field of museum learning and education or someone looking to continue their work with education, youth programs, or museums.
● Assist with producing and managing school-based educational programs while working to meet and complement curricula needs and institutional needs.
● Identify opportunities for supporting programs between Farnsworth and schools/districts
● Assist and collaborate with L & E team members, educators, administrators, community members to develop content, and work with consultants as needed.
● Work with schools on-site and off-site as required to facilitate learning for educators and students
● Assist in conducting surveys and community-based conversations to identify programmatic opportunities
● Work with schools to identify possible curricula tie-ins, including DEAI goals and opportunities, and art and wellness initiatives
● Assist in education grants reporting or providing grant information as needed.
● Assist in implementation of school programs including on and off-site administration
● Maintain a working knowledge of applicable technology for the development and production of online classroom units and lessons
● Produce online content for arts-in-education website integration as well as review current content and identify areas to streamline or rework as needed.
● Facilitate social media engagement, collaborating with marketing and learning and engagement team
● Create digital learning opportunities in collaboration with school programs and learning and engagement team; including collaboration with teaching artists and outside contractors to produce content
● Administer/host Zoom meetings and online meetings and webinars for school programs and learning and engagement as needed, including L & E dept lectures and some studio programs.
● Other tasks as assigned by School Programs Manager
● BA required; preferred art history, art, education or arts education and/or applicable experience
● Ability to work in-person in classrooms and with educators, students and their grown-ups on hands-on activities in classroom, museum, and art studio settings
● Desire to keep current with educational field and DEAI goals
● Working knowledge of technology including computer applications, video and online applications for creating and editing online content/programming, website content, and social media
● Problem-solving skills and strategic thinking skills
● Strong communication and cross-communication skills; verbal and writing skills
● Project, time management, and multi-tasking skills
● Driver’s license and transportation to get to schools and meetings
● Ability to work some evenings and weekends for special programs and events
Position is part-time 29-30 hours at $18 – $22/hr.
Apply for the position here below: