The Farnsworth Art Museum can grant permission only to the extent of its ownership of the rights relating to the request. Certain works of art, as well as photographs of those works of art, may be protected by copyright, trademark, or related interests not owned by the Farnsworth Art Museum. The responsibility for ascertaining whether any such rights exist, and for obtaining all necessary permissions, remains with the applicant.
By signing the request below, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Permission is granted only for one usage in one publication, one edition, and in one language. Additional language editions and subsequent revised or new editions will be considered upon application. Photographic material may not be reused without the written permission of the Farnsworth Art Museum. Under no circumstances may color transparencies be duplicated.
- Reproduction from printed or other non-photographic material, or from photographic material not supplied by the Farnsworth Art Museum is prohibited.
- Fees for photography and reproduction must be prepaid.
- The complete credit copy must appear in print on the same page as the reproduction, or on the opposite page, or on the reverse. In the case of film or video, visual credit must appear at the beginning or at the end of the production. In the case of website use, credit copy must appear on same webpage as the reproduction.
- Images(s) may not be cropped, bled, or overprinted and nothing may be superimposed on the reproduction(s). If a detail of the image is used, it must be approved in advance by the Farnsworth Art Museum, and the word “detail” must appear in the caption. The entire image with complete documentation must appear elsewhere in the publication
- Applicants must delete digital images from their files upon completion of the publication or website posting of the reproduction for which permission has been obtained. Return of any borrowed material shall be prompt, or at most no later than three months from the date received. After this date, an additional penalty charge will apply. Applicant will be charged $200.00 for the replacement of a lost or damaged transparency.
- A color proof is required for approval and must be e-mailed to Associate Registrar, Angie Lowther at email@example.com at least fourteen days prior to publication.
- In consideration for this permission, two copies of the publication will be sent to the Farnsworth Art Museum, Attn: Associate Registrar.
- Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions listed will result in penalty fees of up to 100% of original fees.
- The Farnsworth Art Museum makes no warranties or representation and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any claims, royalties, or fees demanded by an artist, his agent, estate, or by any other party in connection with the reproduction of artworks in the Museum’s collections. Additionally, the applicant agrees to indemnify the Museum and hold it harmless against any and all such claims, demands and/or actions, including the costs thereof, arising as a result of the applicant’s reproduction of the Museum’s artwork.
Please note that fees charged do not include any copyright fees due to the artist or the artist’s agent. It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain copyright permission when necessary. Reproduction rights are licensed subject to payment of the invoice.