Phyllis Wyeth Director of Learning and Engagement
Full-time, salaried, exempt
$48,000 – $55,000
This position will develop innovative programs working closely with schools and educational partners that address the needs of K-high school students, educators, and administrators, in an interdisciplinary manner, while blending with the overall goals and mission of the museum program.
- Produce and manage innovative educational programs working with schools to meet and complement their curricula needs and address needs of the school.
- Identify need-based opportunities for supporting programs between Farnsworth and school system
- Work closely with educators, administrators, community members to develop content, and work with consultants as needed.
- Train educators and administrators to deliver programs within the schools, and work with schools on-site and off-site as needed
- Conduct surveys and community-based conversations to identify programmatic opportunities
- Maintain a knowledge of current local and national education trends and pedagogy to create curricula tie-ins, including programs that address DEAI initiatives.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable technology for the development and production of online classroom units and lessons, tailored online content, updating website, and the development of social media content
- Work with the learning and engagement team and the Director of Learning and Engagement and Farnsworth team members to identify new opportunities to work with schools and community partners, and develop education-based programs K-high school
- Survey and observe classroom content to evaluate for present and future needs
- Track budget and identify needs and opportunities
- Develop reports and assist in the development of report and content related to grants opportunities
- Assist in implementation of school programs
- Other tasks as assigned by Director of Learning and Engagement
- BA required; MA or teaching certification preferred for education or arts education, or museum studies with education concentration and/or applicable teaching experience
- Knowledge and vision of pedagogy and education-based programmatic applications
- Experience, enthusiasm, and ability to work in-person in classrooms and with educators, students and their family members in hands-on activities in classroom, museum, and art studio settings
- Desire to keep current with educational field and DEAI goals
- Working knowledge of technology including computer applications, video and online applications for creating online content/programming, website content, and social media
- Creativity, drive, flexibility, sense of humor, and empathy, and a desire to work with multiple abilities and skill levels in the classroom
- Problem-solving skills and strategic thinking skills
- Strong communication and cross-communication skills; verbal and writing skills
- Project, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to identify new opportunities for growth in program
- Driver’s license and transportation to get to schools and meetings
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends for special programs and events
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
please send letter of intent and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org