The Senior Manager, Foundation and Government Giving, plays an important role in expanding the museum’s mission to celebrate the role of Maine in American art by building ever-increasing resources for exhibitions, programming, audience development, and general support. This person identifies opportunities that align with foundation and government goals to build lasting relationships that sustain the museum’s fiscal needs.
Maine’s natural beauty is a beacon for artists with many major figures in American art living and working in Maine. At the center of this creative community is the Farnsworth Art Museum, home to one of the great American painting collections in the country. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an entrepreneurial professional to make a significant impact. The Farnsworth has undergone rapid change and is ready to take its place as a national destination.
Grants & Foundation Relationships:
- Collaborate with the Chief Advancement Officer to set the fundraising strategy for appeals that attract institutional support as well as individual donor contributions. The Museum is in year one of a three-year strategic plan that will serve as a guide.
- Build strong collegial relationships with the Executive Director and senior leaders to help identify funding opportunities for annual and longer-term projects.
- Work with colleagues to draft or edit formal proposals for a variety of projects to various funders.
- Match priorities with appropriate funders based on meaningful and mutually beneficial goals.
- Guide the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process, engaging others as appropriate, to ensure successful partnerships.
- Maintain a rigorous research process to identify new funders for the institutional funding pipeline.
- Develop timetable and proposal process for each grantmaker and manage the annual grants calendar of deadlines and opportunities.
- Facilitate the tracking of metrics and data, working with other museum teams, to ensure the case for support is strong and to provide accurate and timely grant compliance and reporting for all active grants. Work with the Finance department to prepare budgets and reports as needed.
- This position supervises a part-time, contract writer to assist with grant preparation.
The compensation for this full-time role is $55,000 – 70,000 annual salary with benefits. Farnsworth Art Museum is a highly creative and dynamic environment to work in, filled with art and stories that shape the story of Maine’s role in American art.
Apply for the position here below: