The Farnsworth Art Museum is looking for a full-time housekeeper with excellent cleanliness standards to attend all areas of our facilities. Our goal is to enhance the visitor experience by keeping our facilities clean and inviting.
More information regarding this position including application information is available here
Job Title: Housekeeper
Reports to: Chief of Security and Building and Grounds
Position Description: Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of physical plant.
- Regularly clean tracks for mobile storage screens in collections storage vault. Dust all surfaces (excluding art works) on a regular basis as indicated by Curatorial staff
- Clean all restrooms, including floors, fixtures and stalls
- Vacuum carpets in galleries, store and administrative offices; shampoo as needed
- Sweep and vacuum stairs
- Police grounds and museum spaces for trash
- Clean picnic tables in summer
- Dry mop galleries
- Empty trash baskets in administrative building
- Straighten furniture, magazines, tables and chairs as needed
- Assist with setup of tables and chairs for special events
- Other duties as required
Qualifications: Experience in cleaning and floor care, i.e., tile, wood, ceramic and carpet, dependable, presentable, well organized, able to lift and carry 40 lbs.
Apply for this job here below: