Welcome Back! We missed you!
The Farnsworth is reopening its galleries on Thursday, June 25, to its members and to Rockland residents and on the following day to the general public. To ensure the safest and most welcoming experience, and in keeping with the Maine Department of Economic & Community Development Stage 2 reopening guidelines, visitation will be through timed-ticket entry only. Timed tickets are available on this page, and staff will be available at the Museum Street entrance to help visitors with online purchases.
The Farnsworth has created a one-way path through the museum which will help promoting physical distancing, while guiding you through all nine of our spacious galleries.
In addition, the museum requests that all visitors agree to the following guidelines before their visit:
• Refrain from entering the building if you have a cough or fever
• Wear face coverings at all times
• Maintain a minimum six-foot distance while following the prescribed one-way path
• Use hand sanitizer upon entering the museum and at stations throughout your visit.
Those visitors that are unable to wear a face covering for medical reasons are encouraged to contact Visitors Services and Retail Manager Janice Gates to set up a private visit.
The Farnsworth Homestead and the Olson House will both be closed to the public for the 2020 season. The Olson House grounds are also closed to visitors and there is no parking available at the site.
|Students 17 and older||$10|
|Children 16 and under||Free|
Please note: The museum is wheelchair accessible
Timed tickets are available in 15 minute intervals. After clicking on the link please purchase your ticket for the next available time or click on the “other dates” or “other times” links to left and the right.BUY TICKETS
Beginning Thursday, June 25, and through timed tickets only
Wednesday through Mondays, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Museum Store
- Open daily 10 am – 5 pm, except during Winter hours
The Museum is closed on:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- The Museum closes early on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, at 2 pm